people and wildlife to live in harmony
- the chimelong group has always practiced the concept of "lucid waters and lush mountains are invaluable assets" and strives to build a world-class culture and tourism brand. it has always been at the forefront of biodiversity conservation, and provided the world with china’s successful case in promoting the building of environmentally friendly civilization and exploring the transformation of ecological values. after 20 years of technological breakthroughs, chimelong has established the world’s largest, first-class conservation base in china, and have taken care of more than 1,000 species or 60,000 animals. it has established cordial relationships with the world association of zoos and aquariums (waza), the european association of zoos and aquariums (eaza), and the southeast asian zoos and aquariums association (seaza) in wildlife conservation. guangdong chimelong philanthropic foundation, which is the china's first 5a-class wildlife conservation foundation established by a private company, has actively funded domestic and international wildlife conservation projects, research institutes, wildlife sanctuaries and academic groups, and is playing an important role in global biodiversity conservation.
1. the chimelong group established su creative studio which is an academic platform for cooperation with domestic and international universities, academic groups, wildlife conservation organizations and so on. it has trained more than 4,000 zoo keepers and technical officers.
2. the chimelong group has established 15 research centers involving more than 140 specialists and researchers for wildlife conservation, which has established more than 500 standards for wildlife husbandry and breeding technology and has compiled more than 40 manual books for caring species.
3. the chimelong group took the lead in setting up a professional rescue team for cetaceans and sea turtles, and successively assisted government to rescue, treat and release endangered aquatic animals such as chinese white dolphin, risso's dolphin, bottlenose dolphin, rough-toothed dolphin, green turtle and finless porpoise to their natural habitats.
4. the chimelong group created a world-famous cultural and tourism brand with wildlife theme, and popularized knowledge and concepts of biodiversity conservation for more than 300 million people.
5. the chimelong group is committed to conservation of endangered wildlife for a long time, and has successfully nurtured around 68000 individuals of more than 1200 species, in which nearly 300 species are listed in cites appendix i or ii, and more than 100 species are the first and second-class of key protected wildlife in china.
6. the chimelong group has successfully bred 406 species and over 30,000 specimans of rare wildlife including boneo pygmy elephant koalas, proboscis monkeys, pygmy hippopotamus, manatees, beluga, great pied hornbill, birds of paradise, etc. and more than 40 species bred successfully as the first recorded in china. the chimelong asian elephant herd has the third generation, and bred a total of 15 individuals, especially 5 individuals in 2020.
7. the chimelong group conserved the world's largest number of primate species in captivity, including 56 rare primate species, and established the largest breeding group for orangutans in china. the chimelong group introduced a group of proboscis monkeys in 2017 as the first time in china, which has reproduced 6 individuals and formed two stable breeding families by 2021. at meanwhile, more than 100 individuals of endangered leaf monkeys, such as chinese sichuan snub-nosed monkeys, vietnamese shanked douc monkeys, myanmar gray leaf monkeys and african black-and-white colobus monkeys were born in chimelong.
8. the chimelong group developed koala feed formula, improved quality of feeding tree eucalyptus varieties and established raising standards for the first time in china. the koala population in chimelong has increased from 6 in 2006 to 59 at present, becoming the largest koala population in the world outside australia.
9. the chimelong group has built the world's largest single tank for whale shark, and raised about 20,000 of more than 200 species of marine creatures in the pool. it has received five guinness world records.
10. the chimelong group has world leading technology and management standards for multiple births and breeding of endangered wildlife species, for instances, it bred world's first boy-girl twins of black langur, triplets of black-and-white ruffed lemur, sextuplets of white tiger and triplets of giant panda.
11. the chimelong group has independently developed 327 kinds of formulated feed for birds, primates, herbivores, marsupials, carnivores, amphibians, reptiles and marine animals. it set up a feed nutrient database, animal fat health evaluation database which is aimed to meet nutritional needs for growth and development, reproduction of various species.
12. the chimelong group established china's first public biosafety prevention and control system in the park, including a wildlife safety protection system, a tourist biosafety protection system, and a pathogen biosafety prevention procedure between visitors and animals. it successfully prevented wildlife epidemics in the past 23 years, since its establishment.
13. as a chinese case representative of enterprises participating in wildlife conservation, the chief scientist of chimelong group was invited to attend the 2021 “united nations biodiversity conference” and made a report.
animal welfare standards
- chimelong has formulated a high standard in animal welfare and provide a naturalistic environments that focus on the individual animal’s physical, psychological and behavioural needs.
parks and conservation bases
- chimelong successively established several wildlife conservation and public education institutions in guangzhou, zhuhai and qingyuan cities, guangdong province, including chimelong safari park, chimelong birds park, chimelong ocean kingdom, southern china wildlife species conservation center, south china tiger breeding and reintroduction training center, qingyuan national ex-situ conservation base of world endangered flora and fauna, and guangdong base of china conservation and research center for the giant panda.
- chimelong initiated a novel development and private investment model of "wildlife resource bank scientific research public education cultural tourism wildlife rescue" and created a sustainable development route to effectively improve the construction of wildlife resource bank, as well as public education and conservation. it solved the problem of wildlife conservation relying on high cost investment from the state, and established a new flora and fauna conservation model with integrationion of wildlife culture and ecotourism.
honors & awards
- the chimelong group received the award "leading group for science popularization in china" that is joint issued by the ministry of science and technology of china, the propaganda department of the cpc central committee and the china association for science and technology. chimelong safari park and ocean kingdom have been awarded the title of "top ten popular science education base" in guangdong province.
- the chimelong group pays high attention to international communication and cooperation projects. it has cooperated with the world association of zoos and aquariums (waza), the european association of zoos and aquariums (eaza), and the southeast asian zoos and aquariums association (seaza) in wildlife conservation program. chimelong safari park became a member of waza in 2019.
- chimelong philanthropic foundation was established in 2017. the foundation has funded the research institutes, wildlife sanctuary and academic groups in china and all over the world to support the in-site conservation projects of rare species such as giant pandas, golden monkeys, tibetan antelope, indo-pacific humpback dolphins, yangtze finless porpoise, african elephants, native primates in mentawai, cao-vit gibbon, philippine eagle and etc. it plays an important role in the global wildlife conservation efforts.
guangdong chimelong group co., ltd
tel: 86 20 84780333
address: no.299, hanxi avenue east, panyu district, guangzhou, guangdong, p.r.china