people and wildlife to live in harmony
- the chimelong group has always practiced the concept of "lucid waters and lush mountains are invaluable assets" and strives to build a world-class culture and tourism brand. it has always been at the forefront of biodiversity conservation, and provided the world with china’s successful case in promoting the construction of ecological civilization and exploring the transformation of ecological value. after 20 years of technological breakthroughs, chimelong has established a world’s first-class and largest conservation base in china, and have effectively reserved more than 1,000 species or 60,000 individuals of wildlife. it has established cooperation with the world association of zoos and aquariums (waza), the european association of zoos and aquariums (eaza), and the southeast asian zoos and aquariums association (seaza) in wildlife reservation. guangdong chimelong philanthropic foundation, which is the china's first 5a-class wildlife conservation foundation setablished by a private company, has actively funded domestic or international wildlife conservation projects for research institutes, wildlife sanctuaries and academic groups, and gradually playing an important role in the global biodiversity conservation.
- the chimelong group has been committed to endangered wildlife conservation for a long term, and successfully conserved nearly 300 species listed in cites appendix i or ii, and more than 100 species which are the first or second-class of key protected wildlife in china.
- it established 15 research centers for wildlife conservation, which has completed more than 500 standards of wildlife husbandry and breeding technology, and has compiled more than 40 species care manuals.
- the chimelong group established su creative studio which is a academic platform for cooperation with domestic and international universities, academic groups, wildlife conservation organizations and so on. it trained more than 4,000 zoo keepers and technical fellows.
- the chimelong group has independently developed 327 kinds of formulated feed for birds, primates, herbivores, marsupials, carnivores, amphibians, reptiles and marine animals. it set up feed nutrient database, animal fat health evaluation database, which aimed to meet nutritional needs for individual growth and development, reproduction and young rearing of various species.
- the chimelong group developed koala feed formula, improved quality of feeding tree eucalyptus varieties and established raising standards for the first time in china. the koala population in chimelong has increased from 6 in 2006 to 59 at present, becoming the largest koala population in the world outside australia.
- the chimelong group has built the world's largest single tank whale shark pool, and raised about 20,000 pieces, and more than 200 species of marine creatures. it received five guinness world records
- the chimelong group has world leading technology and management standards for multiple births and breeding of endangered wildlife species, for instances, it bred world's first twins of black langur ,triplets of black-and-white ruffed lemur , sextuplets of white tiger and triplets of giant panda .
- the chimelong group conserved the world's largest number of primate species in artificial facilities, including 56 rare primate species, and established the largest breeding group for orangutans in china.
- the chimelong group established china's first public biosafety prevention and control system in the park, including a wildlife safety protection system, a tourist biosafety protection system, and a pathogen biosafety prevention procedure between tourists and animals. it successfully prevented wildlife epidemic in the past 23 years since its establishment.
- the chimelong group has successfully bred 406 species or over 30,000 individual of rare wildlife including koalas, proboscis monkeys, pygmy hippopotamus, manatees, beluga, great pied hornbill, birds of paradise, etc. and more than 40 species bred successfully as the first record in china.
- the chimelong group created a world-famous cultural and tourism brand with wildlife theme, and popularized knowledge and concepts of biodiversity conservation for more than 300 million people.
- the chimelong group took the lead in setting up a professional rescue team for cetaceans and sea turtles, and successively assisted government to rescue, treat and release endanged aquatic animals such as chinese white dolphin, risso's dolphin, bottlenose dolphin, rough-toothed dolphin, green turtle and finless porpoise to their natural habitats.
animal welfare standards
- chimelong has formulated a high animal welfare level and provide a comfortable environments that focus on the animals’ physical, psychological and behavioural needs.
park & base
- chimelong successively established several wildlife conservation and public education institutions in guangzhou, zhuhai and qingyuan cities, guangdong province, including chimelong safari park, chimelong birds park, chimelong ocean kingdom, southern china wildlife species conservation center, south china tiger breeding and reintroduction training center, qingyuan national ex-situ conservation base of world endangered flora and fauna, and guangdong base of china conservation and research center for the giant panda.
- chimelong initiated a novel development and private investment model of "wildlife resource bank scientific research public education cultural tourism wildlife rescue" and created a sustainable development route to effectively improve the construction of wildlife resource bank, as well as public education and conservation. it solved the problem of relying on high cost investment from the state, and established a new flora and fauna conservation system with integrationion of wildlife culture and ecotourism.
honors & awards
- the chimelong group received the award "leading group for science popularization in china" that is joint issued by the ministry of science and technology of china, the propaganda department of the cpc central committee and the china association for science and technology. chimelong safari park and ocean kingdom have been awarded the title of "top ten popular science education base" in guangdong province.
- the chimelong group pay high attention to international communication and cooperation projects。 it has cooperated with the world association of zoos and aquariums (waza), the european association of zoos and aquariums (eaza), and the southeast asian zoos and aquariums association (seaza) in wildlife conservation program. chimelong safari park became a member of waza in 2019.
- chimelong philanthropic foundation was established in 2017. the foundation has funded the research institutes, wildlife sanctuary and academic groups in china and all over the world to support the in-site conservation projects of rare species such as giant pandas, golden monkeys, tibetan antelope, indo-pacific humpback dolphins, yangtze finless porpoise, african elephants, native primates in mentawai, cao-vit gibbon, philippine eagle and etc. it gradually played an important role in the global wildlife conservation